Sunday 24 April 2011

Introductions

.
.
.
I am a Newly Qualified Maths Teacher. There I've said it.

A mature teacher at that.

"Getting these students into shape will be a doddle with my life and parenting skills." That's what I thought a year ago. They almost broke me.

I'm now two terms down and have not had the energy or desire to put my experience into words.

I think now is the time express myself.

Maybe some other NQT or PGCE student will read this and they might draw some strength from my posts. Or maybe not.

I work at a secondary school in a city, so I guess it is an inner-city school. I always thought inner-city meant somewhere like London or Birmingham.

The results aren't great in my school, the behaviour is poor and every day is a battle. But after 2 terms I am starting to look forward to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment